Spring is here, and it is time to start dressing to suit the warmer weather. While rising temperatures don’t happen for everyone until late May or June, it never hurts to plan for that trip to a sunny beach, spa resort, or tropical locale. You may want to show off a new dress, skirt, or shorts, so why not style your significant other? Sometimes, a simple update in accessories will do. Here are the classic accessories to get your guy this spring.
- Sunglasses. Men’s sunglasses are a staple all year round, especially as the days grow longer. Protect your man’s eyes from harmful UV rays with a pair of classic sunglasses. Do a little shopping with him to find the frames that best suit his face and his sense of style. Perhaps he would enjoy aviators with reflective blue lenses, or the club master style that harkens back to the fifties and sixties. Go bold with a brow-bar, the latest trend in which the glasses have a thin wire bar that connects from one lens to the from above. He may enjoy the hottest fashion of reflective lenses that come in a plethora of colors, from blue, to purple, to green, and everything in between. Remember that no matter what frames you buy, look for polarized lenses to protect his eyes from the sun’s UV rays.
- Watch. A good watch never goes out of style, but you may want to give him a trendier watch to match his wardrobe into the warmer spring and summer months. Opt for light tan leather bands with gold faces, or a minimalist designs with a white face and markers instead of numbers. Right now, the standout color is rose-gold. Turn heads the next time you go on a dinner date with your guy with a rose-gold watch that will go with virtually any summer outfit. Is he more of the sporty type? Get him a chronograph watch in silver, black, navy, or gold varieties. If he is an athletic type of man, get him the latest Fitbit he has always wanted. Help him keep moving as he tracks more than just the time, but his blood pressure, sleep pattern, and calorie intake as well.
- Hats. Almost any guy can go for a good cap. For the simple man, try the timeless baseball cap. Otherwise, try a driver’s cap. For the distinguished man, a driving cap is a sophisticated step up from the traditional baseball cap. Pair a navy cap with a navy and white polka-dotted button down and jeans, or a black driver cap with a black member’s only jacket.
- Messenger Bag. For the guy on the go, a messenger bag can never go amiss. Like all accessories, a tan leather bag will go with anything. An alternative is to go for canvas version. Go sporty with woven straps with blue and green stripes. Give him the gift that allows him to go to and from work in style whether it’s in the office, the classroom, or the local coffee shop.
- Ties. A good set of ties is an essential part of a man’s wardrobe. There are ties for every occasion, and he deserves a tie that will pull his look together. While a black tie should always be handy, don’t shy away from bright yellows, oranges, and blue. This season, consider ties made of cotton or linen, to lend to his outfit the airy feel of spring and summer. For additional class, invest in some stylish bow ties. The bowtie is an unexpected twist that adds personality to any outfit, whether it be a formal or semi-formal spring event. He may enjoy a bowtie made of silk or cotton, and might even love a bowtie in various colors and patterns to match his vibrant personality. Be adventurous with his bowties and have him try on a variety to give his look a refined edge.
Give your guy’s wardrobe a facelift with these fantastic accessories this spring.
Team RIO Brands